Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Challenge

Earlier this summer I decided that I would try to read a book per week. In theory, I knew I could do it, I could find the time to read and since there are a couple million books in the world that I haven't gotten around to reading yet, I knew I wouldn't run out of material. I also thought I would blog about the books I read to stay accountable or just to amuse myself.

In reality, this has not quite worked that well. I think my main problem is that I am a procrastinator, evidenced by the fact that I haven't gotten around to making a new blog until July 3rd. It also could be because I haven't seen all of the Jon and Kate Plus 8 episodes yet. Pathetic? Maybe. Entertaining? Heck yes.

So I'm making a promise to finish my first book, Sense and Sensibility, this weekend. I only have a little over 100 pages left and since it's a long weekend and I have literally nothing to do but eat watermelon and watch fireworks, I think that there's a good chance I'll be done by Monday.

With any luck I'll keep it up the rest of the summer and read some great books. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Trainspotting is really good & different - Thank You For Smoking stands on its own as a book & then Stiff as well as Spook are both incredibly entertaining. Fiction, Fiction, nonfiction, nonfiction. "Kept" is also one of my favorites. It's wholly amoral.